Here, we will discuss five key factors of injection molding during the injection process. These are temperature, pressure, time, speed and position.
1. Temperature: it includes barrel temperature, material melt temperature, mold temperature and material dried temperature.
2. Pressure: including injection pressure, holding pressure, back pack pressure and clamping force.
3. Time: injection time, holding time, cooling time and material dried time.
4. Speed: injection speed, back pack speed and mold close & open speed.
5. Position: it includes gauge position, ejection position and mold open position.
All these parameters bear on the molded parts. We look for the best injection parameters in mold trial, we always start with the low injection pressure. We can tell the material flow by seeing the short shot sample, then add the pressure steps by steps, the part finally filled. Then we start to adjust the other parameter to make the part in best conditions of dimensions and cosmetics.